Home Projects, Social Distancing Approved
You all also shared some of the projects you have decided to tackle around the home, so I thought it would be great to consolidate all of those wonderful ideas here. I’m also going to share some fun and inspiring photos, because why not? I have time…
Cleaning & Organizing
Some of you may love this, and some of you might be dreading this. BUT I promise you, it will be more bearable to be stuck in your house for the next few weeks if it is clean, uncluttered, and organized.
1. Full Spring Cleaning! I am talking baseboards, all of the blinds, every knob and cabinet. Go crazy. You can do it all in one weekend or just tackle one room at a time.
2. Organize your pantry and cabinets. Check expiration dates on your foods and medications, then finally get rid of all of those free beauty samples you know you won’t use again. I suggest going to Home Edit for inspiration. I have also watched this video way too many times.
3. Marie Kondo your closet. Go through clothes, underwear, workout gear, linens, towels, shoes, bags, and then go back and double check those shoes and bags. Here is a fun 30 day challenge if you want to tackle this one day at a time.
4. Organize your junk drawers (we all have them)
5. What’s that one part of your house that absolutely drives you crazy? The playroom? The entryway? Tackle it, you will not regret it, I swear.
Annie complies a list of home projects you can take on while “social distancing.” Projects include everything from cleaning and organizing to painting an old piece of furniture. Annie is owner and head designer at Ann Cox Design, a full service interior design studio based in Tampa, Florida.